I love yarn. It can be made into the cutest things! This garland is no exception.
Here’s the tutorial! Grab yourself some yarn & scissors!
1-2: Wrap around your three middle fingers 30 times. Keep the yarn very uniform and straight.
3. Take the end of your yarn (from the ball) and wrap it a the center. Tie it loosely as shown.
4. Gently slide off fingers.
5. Tighten the yarn and knot it. Do not trim the end, you will use it later to tie a knot.
6. Wrap the yarn (still attached to the ball) around the center, keeping the yarn uniform and straight as you go.
7. When you’ve reached the desired center size, cut the yarn & tie a knot with the end that you left in step 5.
8. Step back to admire your handiwork! String them on to Baker’s Twine to make the cutest garland!
*Note: Because the yarn bows are heavier than the Baker’s twine they will not hang straight as show in top picture. I used glue dots on the back of the bows to attach them to the wall.
Now go make yourself one!
The Yarn Bow Garland was first seen on sew.craft.create. and is copyrighted. If you make one, please link back to my tutorial as the source for your inspiration ;)
Linking up at:
Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Making The World Cuter, The Girl Creative, Sew Can Do, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Today’s Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Sugar Bee Craft Edition, Bloom, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Ado, Free Pretty Things For You, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, A Glimpse Inside, Tidy Mom, I heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Tatertots and Jello, Lolly Jane, Be Different, Act Normal, Lil Luna.