Working w/ Flocked Heat Transfer

I’m loving the cute baby doll diapers (pattern here) I made for my girls.

Don’t you just ‘love’ the ribbon I used as a tag? :)

I’m also going to show you how to use Flocked Heat Transfer from Silhouette. It’s so easy and has a great texture. One of my favorite mediums to use.

1. Insert (shiny side down) into your silhouette. Cut your design & peel off.

(If your design is intricate, use transfer paper to move it over to your fabric. I’m all about simplicity though, so I usually opt for a simple design that I can just peel off. If your design has words, mirror them.)

UPDATE: No transfer paper needed! See the comment by Jane. She tells you how to do it! Thanks Jane!

2. Set iron to cotton setting. Place a cloth over the design and iron for 45-60 seconds.

Done! It’s so simple and adds great texture/details to any project.

Have a great day!

Comments

1. Heather Henderson says:

So stinking cute Heidi!!! :-)

2. Kathy says:

Cute! Are you going to do a tutorial for the tiny wipes and holder too?

3. jane says:

These are adorable!! So that you don’t miss the fun of the intricate designs, mirror all of the shapes before cutting. Then, remove all of the heat transfer from the clear backing except for your design. Then, flip over the clear sheet, place it on your project, cover it with a scrap piece of fabric, then iron. Once it’s cooled off a bit you can remove the clear backing, leaving your design adhered to your project. No transfer paper needed, it’s built right in :)

• Heidi says:

Thanks Jane! I just updated the post, directing people to your comment :) I love when readers give me tips! I definitely don’t know it all ;)
      Have a fabulous day!

4. AnaCO. says:

Very cute! How did you write LOVE on the tag? Like your clothes pins too :)

5. Sarah says:

CUTE!!! ive made some diapers with flannel :)