3 Minute Headband

(all tutorials are for personal use)

Wanna make this cute headband? all you need to know it how to make this cute pom-pom! Isn’t it darling? and it’s SO easy, only three minutes!

1. Cut two pieces of felt. Measuring 2×5 inches and 3×4 inches.

2. Fold the the 3×4 piece in half (lengthwise).

3. Cut slits into the folded portion. Stopping 1/4-1/2 inch from edge (Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the 2×5 strip).

4. Take the 3×4 piece and roll it around itself (not tightly), hot gluing as you go.

5. Take the 2×5 piece and roll (not tightly) around the newly wound 3×4 piece, hot gluing as you go.

6. Hot glue the base of the pom to a blank headband. Hot glue a small circle of felt to cover the exposed bottom of the pom.

Done!

Be sure to take lots of pics!

If you make one, I’d LOVE to see it!

Comments

1. I have made a few of this type for my baby girl and they are so cute on!! :-) They look harder then they are, gotta love that! :-)

2. Vicky says:

That is adorable and I just love your model. I will have to try this. I am pinning this post. I am a new Twitter follower visiting from Sugar Bee Crafts. Vicky from Mess For Less

3. I love that headband. It’s so adorable. :) Sadly I know few people with little girls that I can make it for. It’s stuff like this that makes me want to have kids so I can make them stuff. haha

• Heidi says:

You can totally make one for yourself! I made a slightly bigger one for me and wore it yesterday! Thanks for stopping by!
      -H

• Emma B says:

Hello, I have just made two larger versions for friends, but I glued a brooch pin on the back and they look fab on hats, coats, knits or bags..My girlies will have a hair band each by the end of today. Lovely..Thank you

4. Lindsay says:

Very cute!!! I think I could handle making this! Great job!!!

5. Becky says:

this is so cute and an awesome DIY

6. Amy says:

Your daughter is so adorable, what a great model! This headband is so simple and cute, I’m adding this to my to-do list, thank you!!

• Heidi says:

Thanks! I think she’s sooo stinkin’ cute! Glad you agree :)
      I’m glad you liked the headband, it’s really cute on!

7. steph says:

How adorable! Im sad I don’t have some felt to make this right now!

8. brittany says:

this is such a cute idea, i am going to attempt to make a party hat for my little mans first birthday and this would make an awesome pom pom to put at the top :)

9. Kanchan says:

Oh! So cute. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I am going to make one.

10. Paula says:

I use these for centers of flowers as well, they are terrific!

11. Sarah says:

I can do that! And I think I will!

12. Nikki wilson says:

My 11 yr old daughters made a bunch of these at Christmas and added pins to the bak so they could be attached to bags or whatever. It was quick and easy. Thanks for the headband idea. We may do that next.

13. Whitney says:

I love it! I just bought a bunch of felt sheets to make my daughter diapers for her dolls and these are will use up a majority of the scraps. Where do you find the metal headbands? I’ve only found them online.

14. Marcie says:

So cute! Thanks for sharing! Where do you find the small headbands that stay on your daughter’s head? All the ones I’ve tried are too big and they fall down over my daughter’s eyes.

15. Susan says:

I’m sooo gonna make a few of these!! Thanks for the tut.
    xoxo

16. Heidi says:

Hi! My name is also Heidi and I just discovered your blog thru pinterest. I will def have to try making this headband for my one year old daughter.
    I love your blog! Newest follower. Loving all the inspiration!!
    http://www.hjrcherryblossoms.blogspot.com and contributer to www. themomAHOLICS.blogspot.com

17. Mindee says:

LOVED this tutorial of yours!! I liked it so much I whipped out my glue gun, and felt and made 3 of them! I’ll do a post sometime this week on it and what it looks like. Thanks for some great inspiration!

18. Julie says:

I have 2 girls that are going to LOVE this! Thank you for sharing. I’ve never seen one made like that before. You have a great blog:) Very inspiring.

19. David says:

I just needed really small headband for halloween thank you for sharing the link Your headband is pretty and nicely done. Great job and thank you again.

20. Shara says:

So glad I was able to find you. Saw your adorable girl on Pinterest but they were stolen pictures and take you to one of those awful fake sites. I have pinned this post and now am going back to Pinterest to report the other one. Too bad remodelholic was the one to reprint the fake site, because she gets lots of repins. I am going to let her know.

• Heidi says:

Thank you!! I really appreciate it! I was saddened to see that my tutorial had been stolen and pinned! Thank for passing the info along to remodelholic :) Any help with this issue is appreciated!! Have a great night!

• Jenn says:

yes Heidi, unfortunately I learned the hard way to check all of my pins now. I used to be in the habit of repinning just b/c I thought it was something that I would like but once I really needed something that I pinned and when I clicked on the link for it, Thank God my 5 yr old daughter was not next to me when it came up. So sad that people do that.

21. Jenn says:

I tried to make one of these and I guess I missed something b/c mine turned out terrible. :( Did any of you make these and were successful the first time you made them? Wondering if I just need to practice at it. I’m normally good with a glue gun as I make hair-bows for a living, but this really has me stumped and I would LOVE to be able to add this to my daughter’s collection that she wears. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Trackbacks

1. [...] And another super cute pom-pom from sew.craft.create. [...]

2. [...] And another super cute pom-pom from sew.craft.create. [...]

3. [...] felt flower I have ever made and it was soooo easy to make!  My inspiration was from this sew,craft,create post.  I made some adjustments and can’t wait to make some [...]

4. [...] pompom tocados son una monada, como este infantil en fieltro de sewcraftcreate, aquí tenéis el DIY o este otro tocado de plumas de avestruz de Sonia Rykiel,  sencillamente [...]

5. [...] Heidi from Sew. Craft. Create. shows how to make her 3 Minute Headband with a rolled felt pom pom.  It’s quick, easy project with no sewing required, and it turns out so cute!! Get the tute. [...]

6. [...] is the original blog where I found the idea from to make these cute, loopy hair ribbons out of [...]

7. [...] felt pompon headband is always awesome. Make this 3 Minute Headband (just in a larger [...]