drinkin’ the koolaid…

I’m sure that you’ve all seen this fabulous tote!
It’s been floating all over pinterest, ucreate, etc.
When I saw it I knew I HAD to make it for my little girl!
I changed a few things: I used 6 strips from a jellyroll and sewed ‘em lower down on the tote (b/c I’ve since embroidered her name to the front of it).
You should def check out the tutorial {here}

Comments

1. Heather says:

I love it!!! I love the multiple strips of fabric and the colors. So bright and cute!!

2. Jessie K says:

Beautiful! I need to make my daughter a tote to hold her "quiet toys" for church and this is perfect!

3. Juniper Leopold South says:

I really love this tote…. but I'm LOVING your boots more!

4. Heidi says:

They are cute, right?! They are Steve Madden Tall Riding boot.

5. Alicia says:

I was just going to say:
    Love the tote….and who is your model and where did she get those boots!!?? Are they yours? Where did you get them? This is Leesh, so if you want to you can just e-mail it to me. =)

6. Kari says:

Heidi,
    Your tote is GORGEOUS!! So fun to see your version and your beautiful fabric!

7. Heidi says:

Thanks Kari!!

-H

8. Gretelies says:

So lovely!!!

Best wishes
    Anne

9. Christine says:

Agreeing with everyone else here, very cute bag, super loving those boots!! I have been looking for the perfect pair of brown boots for 2 years now and it seems that they have been on your feet :)

10. Amy Pope says:

Love this!!! How big is the tote, Heidi? And where’d you get it? I want something this big/tall, but can’t find it yet! :)

And, loving the boots, too!

• Heidi says:

Hi Amy,

I got the tote in a three-pack at walmart in their craft/sewing section (It’s pretty big, maybe 12-14 inches in width and 18-20 inches in height?).

Hope this helps! :)

11. Mayrene says:

How did you make your “flowers”?

12. Rachel says:

OK – LOVE the tote, but very off topic, I really, really, really, love those boots and have been desparately seeking the perfect brown pair…. care to share where these beauties came from????

13. Rachel says:

OOPS! Just saw the link for the boots, I guess I should have fished through all the comments.

14. kim says:

beautiful bag!!

15. Denise says:

New to Pinterest and found the link to your terrific tote. This is just the perfect idea to create for my nieces birthday. Thanks so much!

16. Maggie says:

I cant wait to make this!! I found totes at walmart, a three pack with hot pink, lime green and a bright blue!! Cant wait to make a cute bag for school, i love using totes in college and this is perfect

17. Kaitlin says:

I love this tote! Do you remember what the name of the jelly roll that you used? I love the colors. They’re perfect! Thank you!

18. Malorie says:

I so love this and want to make it but am new at sewing…
    so I wanted to ask if u sew the ruffles by themselves first with the machine?
    Then do u hand sew them on the bag? Or how do u sew it without getting the backside sewn on?!

I know this is probably a really stupid question but I figured there has to be a correct way!

Thanks so much!

• Heidi says:

Not a stupid question at all!!!

I sewed my ruffles first and then pinned them to the bag and then sewed them on. My friend, however, just hot glued her ruffles on and it worked just fine too :) you can also reference the tutorial that I’ve linked to in the post. It should have the full tutorial :)

Thanks!
      Heidi

Trackbacks

1. [...] Today was a fun day. My friend Amanda and I decided we needed a craft day, so today it was.  We looked through our pinterest boards and found this cute ruffled tote. [...]

2. [...] sewcraftcreate.com via Janet on [...]