De-stashing & a Quiet Book! Free template!

Today I’m being featured over at Kojo Designs.

They’re holding a de-stashing series where the guest bloggers are only allowed to use materials they have around their house. I made this cute quiet book. I kinda luv it!

Want to make it? This is what you need:

12 sheets of white 5.5 X 8 1/2 paper for the inside pages
2 sheets of hard cardstock (5.5 X 8 1/2 inches) for the front/back cover
Hole puncher
Three rings to hold book together
Glue/tape
Sticky velcro dots
Hot glue gun
Self Laminating paper
4 inch piece of ribbon (with burned edges)
Scrapbook paper
My free template

This project is pretty self-explanatory. It can be explained in 7 easy steps:
1. Glue all of the main objects to the white paper and make all of the corresponding pieces.
2. Laminate everything.
3. Cut out the separate pieces and trim the edges of the main pages.
4. Add sticky velcro dots to everything that needs them. I also stuck velcro dots to the blank side of each page. That way my kids can transfer the pieces from the blank page to the working page.
5. Three-hole punch all of the pages.
6. Add rings.
7. Hot glue the ribbon to the back of the book, wrap it around front and add a velcro dot to keep closed!

Comments

1. Melinda says:

Oh my goodness this is soooo cute! I love it! :)

2. Irina says:

this is really beautiful and such a great idea!!! Well done and thank you o much for sharing! I'll add it to my "to-do" list

3. Dacia says:

This is soooo cute!

4. Amy says:

Really really cute!

5. Chiara says:

I found you over at Kojo Designs and just became a follower. What a great blog! : )

6. Summer says:

I love this! I'll be featuring it on my blog in a couple weeks – all credit linked back to you!

7. Danielle says:

awesome. i can't wait to get started on this. assuming i don't get overwhelmed & my head doesn't explode. :)

8. Karen Hunter says:

Just came across your Quiet Book. Hope it's okay if I mention it on my blog this week – it's so cute! http://karenscraps.blogspot.com/

9. Mel says:

Awesome. We are taking a trip the end of the month and my 3 1/2 year old daughter will love this. I also teach Pre-Kindergarten and plan to make a couple for my class. Thank you so much for sharing!! I can't wait to use the hoards of scrapbook paper I buy with the intent of using someday! Thanks!!!!!

10. Anonymous says:

ok I LOVE this for my two little girls but what is self laminating paper??? or do i need a LAMINATOR? i am slightly confused

11. Kat says:

Adorable! Thank you. Perfect for my two littlest yahoos!

12. Heidi says:

Cute & easy project! Hey, another crafty Heidi! If it's okay with you, I'll post your blog on my "Crafty Heidi" blog list!
    ~Heidi

13. Heidi says:

Anonymous-

There are self-laminating sheets at staples or office depot. It's basically an adhesive paper. You could also opt to get it laminated at your local kinkos/staples. It's really cheap and very durable.

Thanks!

…and thanks to everyone who has featured this project on their blogs! I really appreciate it!

14. Anderson says:

LOVE this book. I have been thinking that there must be an easier way than the fabric quiet book!
    My sister gave me a good tip- she used magnets instead of velcro (less noisy).
    Thanks for the amazing tutorial!

15. April @ Northwest Ohio Savers says:

I love this! So cute and it will keep my 20 month old busy while homeschooling my older daughter!

16. Terri @ A Creative Princess says:

This is just too cute!!! I'm a new follower and featured it on my blog today.

17. Isela says:

THis is the brightest and cutest idea ever… I like this a lot. I will definately need to try it..Thanks for sharing.

18. Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle says:

Wow, that is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing, you talented person you!

19. Mark and Erin says:

I love this idea! I am in the process of making one, and love it!
    However, I was curious where you get your sticky dots? I got mine at Joanns, but ended up needing $6 worth of dots for one book (and I need to make three…). Just curious if there is a cheaper place to get them?
    Thank you for this tutorial! It will make our upcoming trip much smoother. :-)
    -Erin

20. Heidi says:

Hi Erin!

Thanks for commenting! Glad your liking it! I got my dots from here:

Not sure if it is cheaper but maybe…

Thanks again!

21. Anonymous says:

this is so cool I have seen these but they are always done with fabric and I am not that good at sewing. And I have lots of scrapbook supplies. Thanks for the great idea. I will be using this idea for my next lady's craft party.

22. Heidi says:

anonymous,

thanks! I am glad you like it! Have fun at your party! I want to go to a craft party!!! I will have to hold one ;)

23. Wow, this is really fantastic! Unfortunately my kids would have it ruined in seconds–I’ve pinned it so I can come back to it later though :)

24. Sarah C says:

This is so sweet! Am I missing something because I can’t find your template… Is it still up somewhere for downloading?
    Thanks!!!

• Heidi says:

It’s in the download box in the post. You click on the downward arrow. Let me know if you can’t find it :)
      Thanks!

• Sarah C says:

Hm, I don’t see a download box. I’m on an iPad right now so I should try from my computer when I get a chance because maybe it’ll be visible there. Thanks for such a quick response, I can’t wait to start working on my quiet book!

• Heidi says:

Yes, try it on your computer. There is a download box. Don’t get too excited though, it is hand-drawn by me, lol! :) But it is drawn exactly like what you see.

Yay for quietbooks!

• Sarah C says:

Ok, I’ll let you know if for some strange reason I don’t see it on my computer either. Hand-drawn is fine. It’s just nice to have a template to work from and save me some time! Great ideas here. I’ve seen fabric quiet books more than paper and I love that this one won’t take me quite as long as sewing all these pieces would!

• Heidi says:

I totally agree! I made a sewn quiet book and it literally took me THREE months!! I kindof get sick when I think about the work that went into it as I watch my two year old sucking on the corners and ripping the pieces out, lol. This book took me a few hours and I don’t mind watching it get destroyed! :)

• Sarah C says:

Awesome! On the computer now and I was able to download. Thanks again! (I’m in an online busy bag/quiet book swap group right now and making some cloth quiet book pages. I think this is the only way I’ll get a fabric quiet book done before my kids are too old to enjoy it!)

25. HaLee says:

Does the pattern need to be enlarged, or used at the current size? Thanks!!

26. What a great idea to make a quiet book out of paper! Yours turned out darling. I especially love the cake and ice cream pages. Nice work!

27. lemondedis says:

une excellente idée !… merci encore de la partager si gentiment avec nous…