Here’s the tutorial for the Hot Air Balloons.
I LOVED making these! And they looked great at my sister’s baby shower!
Where to find everything:
Pink striped lantern: I found this one at Target. It came in a pack of three. A yellow, orange, and pink one.
White Lantern: I used the yellow one from the Target 3-pack. I cut small circles from thick white scrapbook paper. I followed this tutorial but I added a slit in the top of my circles so that I could round the hard paper a bit (see below. Barely overlap the paper & glue. You don’t want it to be too rounded.) I hot glued the rounded part to the lantern.
Triangle Lantern: I found this one in the dollar section at Michaels.
Burlap ribbon: I found this at Shinoda (a seasonal decor store). But this one looks pretty similar, if not identical.
Cream Eyelet Ribbon: I found it at Hobby Lobby.
Baskets: I found a blue, green, and pink plastic ice-cream cup in the dollar section at Target.
1. Paint the exterior of the cup brown.
2. Cut the burlap ribbon to fit the sides of the cup.
3. Hot glue the ribbon over the edges of the cup.
4. Grab your paper lantern and hot glue the end of the ribbon on the inside of the ball.
5. Hot glue the ribbon down the paper lantern.
6. Spacing them equally, hot glue 3 more ribbons around the lantern.
7. Trim the ribbon ends. I used a ruler to make sure they were all the same length.
8. Hot glue the ribbon ends to the basket. Space them equally. Hold the lantern up periodically to make sure your are placing the ribbon in the right spot. You want it to hang straight. Also, hot glue a burlap ribbon around the top and bottom of the basket too, be sure to cover all exposed ends.
9. Hot glue the eyelet ribbon trim around the top edge of the basket.
10. Make sure you fold the ribbon end under itself. Hot glue it down. (Ignore the fact that the lantern is not attached in this picture, I realized I should’ve added the ribbon ends beneath this ribbon after I took this picture.)
What do you think? Will you be making these this summer?!